So said Joe Jonas, anyway, while hanging out this morning with Ryan Seacrest (as Nick did in early December). I tend to agree. Or at least hope all the bandmembers agree, and double for us fans, in the end!
Take to the jump to listen to Joe chat with the ever-pot-stirring Ryan to promote his upcoming American Idol guest-judging stint (this Tuesday!…or Wednesday?), and talk about the persistent band breakup speculation, romance gossip debunking, his silver screen aspirations and (my personal favorite) his own recent songwriting spree. Good stuff!!!
- The American Idol Experience (and his reaction to being asked to judge: “Really? Why Me?”)
- Jonas Brothers vs. Justin Bieber War? …Nah.
- Jonas Brothers Going Separate Ways, now…but ’til when?
- Can We Count on a Future Album? “I definitely think we will…we love being in a band together.”
- Kevin & Danielle: “So Married.”
- Joe Not Getting Married for Another 10 Years? [20-to-30 is longer than you think, Mr. Jonas!]
- Romance Gossip…with John Lloyd Taylor? 😉
- Songwriting. Getting writing advice from (freakin’!) Bono… (“I totally namedropped, I just realized…”)
- Writing with Friends vs. Writing with Hired Songwriters.
- Superhero Joe? [I still think he needs to do a guest spot on Law & Order, like, yesterday. – Ed.]
- Hope for Haiti Telethon (“We need to do this more often for other stuff…”/”Problems in our own backyard.”) [RIGHT ON, guys. – Ed.]
- Answering Caller’s Question About a Post-tour JB Album: “Undecided right now.” But tour coming end of summer/early fall “for sure”.
- This/Next Year not Mapped Out Like Previous (AKA those 2.5 years of “touring hardcore”).
Mr. Jonas Goes to Washington 2: The Squee-quel!
It seems Joe is heading to the Capitol to do advocacy work for the Special Olympics! What can you say except AWESOME and LOVE? Here are some details from the media alert:
WHO: Timothy P. Shriver, Chairman & CEO, Special Olympics
Anthony Kennedy Shriver, Founder & Chairman, Best Buddies International
Special Olympics athletes and Best Buddies participants, along with coaches, program leaders and family members from 45 states.
The Honorable Tom Harkin (U.S. Senator), Orrin Hatch (U.S. Senator), Steny H. Hoyer (U.S. House Majority Leader) and Roy Blunt (U.S. House of Representatives).
Other expected special guests including: Hollywood Records recording artist Joe Jonas of the Grammy-nominated, platinum album selling Jonas Brothers, 10-time Olympic Gold medalist Carl Lewis, as well as Miss Maryland USA Simone Feldman, Miss Maryland Teen USA Kamie Crawford and Miss Virginia Teen USA Jacqueline Carroll.
WHAT: Special Olympics and Best Buddies members will converge on Capitol Hill to urge for continued government support and to advocate for the proposed Eunice Kennedy Shriver Act of 2010. Following a day of meetings with Members of Congress, a reception in celebration of the inspiration, impact, and indomitable spirit of Eunice Kennedy Shriver will be held that evening.
Together, both Special Olympics and Best Buddies will urge Members of Congress to authorize The Eunice Kennedy Shriver Act, which will continue a national commitment by the U.S. Congress made with passage of the 2004 Special Olympics Sport and Empowerment Act. The Eunice Kennedy Shriver Act also includes The Best Buddies Empowerment for People with Intellectual Disabilities Act of 2009, passed by the U.S. House of Representatives in April 2009. This new legislation continues the legacy of Mrs. Shriver by authorizing funds for specific programs supporting persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities in health, education and global program initiatives.
Eunice Kennedy Shriver, who passed away in August 2009, founded Special Olympics in 1968 and was a longtime board member and supporter of Best Buddies, which was founded in 1989.