April 1, 2009
is the one year blogaversary of
Well, we are pretty sure it is, anyway…
What started as (1) a Jonas obsession shared by two sisters which manifested itself in neverending IM chats and Jonas video link exchanges, and what was meant to be (2) a personal Tumblr blog that ended up being all about those irresistible Jonas Boys came together with a platform change, to become this blog last April Fools’ Day.
One year later, we are still two Jonas-obsessed sisters, but now we have another blog contributor, and lots of great commenters who do plenty of contributing themselves. And we are very happy for it – no joke.
Our goal was to create the sort of Jonas fanblog we were not finding out there. We wanted it to be simple, clean cut, with great pics & vids, but also with fleshed-out, insightful (even funny) posts that took a media savvy look at the Jonasphere and the growing Jonas empire. We hoped it would be a great place for nontraditional (non-tween girl) JB fans to feel included.
For the first month or so,we actually began to think we were the only nontraditonal ones and then BLAM! – what we were looking for came to us. The best group of people anyone could ask for came and built a fan community on our blog, second to none for quality and trueblueness. We got so lucky.
Take to the jump for some blog stats and highlights!
(YOUR GUESS IS AS GOOD AS MINE.)
435 Posts, 17,580 (readable!) comments (and counting).
Top 5 Blog posts
- The Boys Hop The Pond [Sleep] 3.10.2008*
- Flaunt Your Jonas Love [Random] 4.12.08
- Flaunt Your Jonas Love II: Gearing Up For Burnin’ Up [Random] 6.29.08
- Awesomely Fun Joe Jonas Interview [Listen] 3.20.08*
- On The Road Again [Open] 01.03.09
*(From the Tumblr Days.)
Bottom 5 blog posts
- LBF’s Choice [Little] 4.07.08
- We Had So Much Fun [Read] 6.12.08
- Pretty Tired [Read] 6.01.08
- These Are Our Songs [Watch] 6.16.08
- Politics, As Usual? [Newz] 4.26.08
Top 5 Search Terms that brought people to SR:
- Jonas Brothers
- Joe Jonas
- Greg Garbowsky
- Sibling Revelry WordPress
- Denise Jonas
Cpaig’s favorite posts:
- Are You Really Paying Attention? – My open letter to JB fans about filming at shows and first foray into the editorial rant. I still stand by my conclusions.
- Riot, Girls. – Mememoi’s brilliant examination of girls, feminism, and the dismissal of JB by the mainstream (more true at the time of its posting) because of the fact that they are adored by girls. This is one of the best examples of media trend reporting that I think Mememoi has a special knack for.
- On The Road Again. – This post triggered a whole blog evolution. Mobile blogging was such fun, and commenting reaches a fever pitch with this post logging over 490 comments (which was later beat out by over 150 comments during the live chat). It has been hard for me to keep up with comments ever since.
- Flaunt Your Jonas Love – This is a meeting of two of my loves, Jonas and Shopping. We believe that the image of the Kelly Green Jonas shirt brought many a person to our blog.
- Collages & Goofy Overanalysis. – I am not so good with media trending, but I can analyze the heck out of an image or video. The collages are also a labor of love for me, and I look forward to making more as we venture into the world tour coverage. Some of my favorites are:
- Don’t Tell Anyone [Random]
- I Hate It When This Happens! [Look]
- It Was Like Watching A Sea Of People Coming Together [Read]
Mememoi’s favorite posts:
- Can We Agree On Songs? I love hearing how you guys feel about stuff, or what preferences you have that show the diversity of the fanbase that gathers in our boutiquey little salon of a fan appreciation blog…so I’d have to say some of my most favorite posts have been the Feedbacks and Handwringers.
- Guiltarazzi. One of the benefits of writing a blog (especially a basically anonymous one) is the opportunity to revel in self-righteousness, and take a clear stand on things, even if it only affects this tiny little corner of the net that is ours. So I am proud of moments when we’ve been able to do that, and respond to stuff that has disturbed us in the ‘sphere.
- Collage Retrospectives. I am a wanderlusting traveler at heart, and I love seeing Cpaig’s collages collected into one post and enjoying the treks the Boys’ tours and promotional engagements take them on – all those flags and sights to see, at least in fake postcard form. 🙂
- I Hate it When You Touch Me. This was probably one of my first Flashbacks, which was a feature we used to do every Friday until we ran out of diehard favorites. I still love revisiting this category for the old good times, and this video and early interview just reminds me so much why I loved those Jonases when they were just relatively unfamous little goobers that charmed me to bits, and I love being reminded of that!
Never. Gets. Old.
Thanks, blog, for giving us a place to share, and thanks, Revelers, for giving our mousey blog some buddies to roar with!
…and P.S. We’re not going to be publishing the blog anymore.
Meh, weak, I know, but I had to shove that in somewheres.
We of course have no plans on slowing down – the blog reflects our fanlife and all its ebbs and flows, and our JB (twice as old as the blog itself) love sure isn’t fading, nor showing any signs of doing so.
2009 has already been a big year with the Concert Experience movie, and we have no less than JONAS, the WORLD TOUR, and, oh yeah – THE NEW ALBUM to cover.
We can’t wait! So, see you there. That is, here. Etcetera…