The Boys appeared on typical and popular French evening news and entertainment program “Le Grand Journal” on Canal+ on Friday, winding down their promotional tour of major European cities. It is pretty much a par-for-the-course appearance, with a delicious helping of local flavor, as usual.
After a good performance of “Burnin’ Up” (the sound mix seemed a bit weak/out of balance, though) in which they look adorable and impeccable and drove the audience nuts, the Boys sat down to chat awhile with the panel of people who congregate on such shows.
It trod the usual ground…“Who’s in charge?”; “Is it true you were discovered in a salon?”; “How did Big Rob get involved in the song?” (btw, the audience LOVES them some Big Rob!!!); “Tell us about Frankie”; “Do you spend all your time together, and do you fight?”; “Are you really waiting to have sex ’til marriage?” (this question was accompanied by a painfully mournful shriek from some of the ladies in the house and, upon Nick’s dismissal of the question – which gets a cheer of approval – the moderator suggests that Big Rob be called out to help them handle any such unwelcome questions in future. And so, he does!) Questions wrap up with “How about that 3-d movie?” and “So your parents supervise you?”
After that, the Boys participate(ish) in “La Bataille”; a sort of battle of the bands in which the assembled are divided into two groups, each group screens a clip of an up-and-coming band, and whichever team gets a bigger cheer is declared the winner. Not sure if it goes anywhere from there, but in theory I guess the game is not unlike the Jonas screaming contests of old (P.S. name that tune)! After that, the Boys get to hang out and watch a couple of fun Francophone segments – one comedy bit and one with questions designed to make various celebrities (including Dennis Hopper) feel awkward!! Funtimes!!
(…simply scroll right under “Extraits de l’emission” until you find the bit marked “La Suite 2”.)
My top 5 appearance highlights? Pictures, perhaps? Ouais!!!!!!!! Après le saut…
Top 5 Highlights Countdown:
5. During the performance, copious (much deserved) love from the cameraman for one Mr. Jack Lawless.
4. When the guy declares that, deducing a Jonas interest in rap, he is going to give them the “cadeau” (gift) of some French rap with his entry in the Bataille (for the record…I kinda love French rap, in a dilettante-ish way. Italian rap, too). Here they are, getting the gift:
3. The defection of the guy in the argyle sweater to the Jonases’ team when they, inevitably, win…right after this Joe gives the camera a “get a load of this wild-n-crazy guy” look.
2. A sweet little boy rocking out Big-Rob-style during the performance.
1. The fact that most French women (and girls) have an irrepressible instinct to lay on the feminine wiles when in eye-batting distance of desirable guys. They are on top of it. And they bring it. I love the French!!! 🙂
And here are a few pictures of the performance for your enjoyment!